View Single Post
      06-07-2016, 02:36 PM   #12
3tekcorps
Major
Rep
Drives: In Gestation

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPEL View Post
This is what the XPEL pre-cut kit appears to look like, pulled right from out website: XPEL M2 Kit, it doesn't appear to have the seam above the kidney grills. Would you mind sending us a PM with your installer? I've attached the pre-cut kit image, and you can see the cut outs. regarding the lifting film, take it back to the installer and have him trim or get that fixed before dirt and debris starts to get underneath.

Attachment 1437932

The bottom pieces of the kit are made to have seams, so that they can be replaced if you have any bad impacts or road debris. That way the entire bumper doesn't have to be redone, and you can have those 3 small pieces replaced individually, the rest of the seams on the lower half of the bumper are due to the intricate design on the bumper, since the film has to stretch over all the compound curves.

Thanks for the response. I should have been more clear that is not an Xpel install and added that just now. I am trying to compare it to Xpel installs which is why I mentioned it in the post.

The sales team at the dealership insisted this would be as good as Xpel (it was also way more convenient), but the seams are really annoying among other things.
Appreciate 0