12-21-2010, 04:16 AM   #15
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle View Post
I've ordered the standard Business SatNav package and therefore accept that I'll have the less desirable speed dials. I'm not paying another £500. However this seems to be nothing short of mischievous by BMW. Unless I've missed something I can't locate anything in their brochure or website that indicates that there is a less desirable set of dials. The dials in the Honjest John Road Test are worse and different from either example in this thread. http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/bmw/bmw-x3-f25

Has anyone actually seen UK spec dials without the Professional SatNav option?
I agree. They make no mention of it in the brochure and this should be made clear. If you switch between the business satnav and the pro satnav and then compare the interior pictures on the configurator you can see it change but the flatter looking dials on the configurator still look better than the dials in honest john's review - his picture is a little blurred though.

I have to say I test drove a car with business advanced sat nav and didn't like the dials at all.

I think BMW are misrepresenting the car by not making this clear. I also don't see any pictures of the lesser dials in the main brochure so you could rightly expect the nicer looking dials regardless of the satnav package you select. I am only looking at the German PDF brochure here and I don't have the printed version in front of me, which would be clearer.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0