View Single Post
      12-15-2020, 10:56 AM   #1645
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

So as usual, I forgot to take a picture of the plate (which looked a lot better than what you see below), so I took a picture of the leftover trays. Does not do it justice.

I made (for my wife's birthday) a duck confit recipe that I tracked down from someone she worked for 13 years ago and still remembers that dinner...so I found him and surprisingly, he replied with the recipe for the duck confit he served everyone that night.

So it was duck legs, brined overnight with coarse salt, thyme and juniper berries. Then washed the legs, dried, browned both sides in a cast iron pan and put into a 9x13 and added the original juniper berries, garlic, fresh rosemary, bay leaves, peppercorns, a little lemon juice, finely diced carrot, celery and onion and a boatload of red wine and cooked for 2.5 hours at 300F.

Was delicious!

I saved the duck fat from browning the legs and made potatoes sardelaise with it. Also delicious. Fancy term for just cooking them in duck fat at a lower temp with some coarse salt and then serving the potatoes with finely diced garlic and parsley when it is on the plate.

Oh and I made a blueberry/raspberry reduction (also with a bunch of red wine) to accompany "la canard"
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
chassis6643.50
paquet629.50