United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToteHosen View Post
So just drove to mammoth and back.
Happy to reports PERFECT
ZERO ISSUES, Great Ice and snow grip.
Nice at speed fully loaded 5 people and gear.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
I was awaiting approval from the administrator on this site before I could post. I was in the process of building my X7 due for delivery 1/15/21. I built it with 21" wheels but then after reading your post, I tried to change to the 758i wheel to run it all year round with your mentioned winter set up. Unfortunately I was too late and they had already started production and I couldn't change the wheels 😩

Then my dealer tried to work with me on finding a different set of 22" wheels and give me a price break on tires. I only wanted the 768i oem wheels and it was too late and I wasn't going to pay $6500 from eBay.

He then told me that those summer 22" tires on the 758i last about 7000 miles. He said he has customers complaining about it all the time. He also told me that the run flat tires are designed to not necessarily have the bead broken too many times because of how the tire is made. He had me convinced at that point to stick with the 21" wheels so that I didn't go through tires every 7000 miles and spend $2500 on a set of staggered run flats because I don't have spare set up.

All in all, I still like your set up better and wish I could have chatted with you before I submitted my build to get a better understanding of the long term effects of your set up.
Appreciate 0