11-03-2020, 07:52 AM   #13
Wan79
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5 45E

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt27 View Post
My 45e keeps changing its charging rate from 16A to 6A as the maximum charge power.

I have a Pod-Point wall unit that is rated at 7kw ( I know that the car will only charge at 3.7kwh, but I wanted to be a little more future proof).

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and/or has any advice on how you determine if the fault is with the car or the charger.

Thanks in advance.
Mine does that sometimes. More or less once every month and I set it back to 10A and it solved. I have 10A as default because I still use the normal bmw charger on 220V. It is good enough for me.

I think it is some kind of in build protection setting it back to 6A if something is wrong with the electric system. If it does it all the time there might be something wrong with your charger. The 7kWh shouldn't be the problem.

Maybe you can try the BMW standard charger on 220 and see if it does the same? If it doesn't it is probably the Pod point.

I have observed that with public chargers it switches automatically to 16A max and switches back to 10A again when I plug in at home.
Hi, currently im using the standard charger that comes with the car(yellow cable 220-240). My home plug that i use for charging has a dedicated 20A circuit breaker. My question is, will it be ok to set the current limit to 10A?
Appreciate 0