View Single Post
      05-31-2005, 10:14 PM   #12
CC 330i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330i SG/Blk/Alum

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmosblau
Why do you want an alarm? It will only disturb your neighbors.
I am actually glad it doesn't come standard. The little flashing red light is enough of a deterrent. When you own a BMW, Thieves will think you have an alarm anyway. Or, they don't care because no one pays attention to an alarm.

When I hear an alarm, I rest easy, because I know it isn't my car going off needlessly. If it get's stolen,no big deal- I have insurance.
Generally, I agree with this statement. I once knew a guy that had his ALARM stolen, and they left the car!! How funny is that? Also, the only people that ever seem to get caught by an alarm is the owner of the car! Most theives know how to shut them off faster than the owner of the car!

I can't stand them usually, but I think that it provides some deterrent to the bold but stupid theif who might try a smash and grab. Again, I suppose that the flashing light will help in this event... I had one standard in my last VW and it was just a good feeling knowing that it was one more deterrent to theft.

One consideration for me is that my insurance company offers a discount when the car is equipped with an alarm. Yours might too.
Appreciate 0