View Single Post
      05-19-2020, 07:57 PM   #624
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7, 2016 X3, 2021 MME

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvasuperman View Post
First-time post! My new BMW X7 is ordered and on the second dot in the system now. I'm incredibly excited.

The process wasn't without its snags. My local dealer didn't really play ball on the deal I wanted and trade value so I had to pivot to a dealer a couple of hours away, which added some time after I got serious May 1 with the good financing deals available. I got what I wanted with the second dealer but neglected to ask one of the golden questions that I now know from this thread: do you have an allocation available? I reached terms last Thursday then the CA told me Friday that BMW is shutting down all 2020 X7 production because the plant is at low capacity and the 2021s will start up this summer. Over the weekend and yesterday they apparently found an allocation with a build date somehow as I've now got a trackable production number that is supposed to start assembly second week of June.

Fingers crossed all works out and by late June we're enjoying our new X7! White 40i with M sport package, B&W surround sound, and most of the packages...
Congrats! The wait will be worth it. I have been waiting since March 2019 (yes over 1 year) for a replacement vehicle. First MB failed twice, so finally decided to give the business to BMW. Ordered February 23rd 2020, Finally came out of factory today. Dealer says 3 weeks or so before it arrives at my door steps.
Appreciate 0