View Single Post
      05-25-2020, 07:07 PM   #637
max78
Rep
Drives: Mercedes GLE, Honda CR-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-TX View Post
Any particular reason why your vehicle took nearly a year? I placed my order earlier this month and even with the Covid factory shutdown and the backlog, they are saying likely 2-3 months to deliver the vehicle. Should I be skeptical?
I believe that it is a matter of geographical location and BMW's approach to customers in small markets. I am located in the Czech Republic and it seems to be way out of BMW's scope as they seem to focus on US, Russian and Chinese markets. I placed my ordered in June 2019 with delivery set to December 2019. In late November 2019, my BMW dealer informed me that production of my vehicle had been postponed to April 2020. I escalated this to the importer and managed to get February 2020 production. During the lockdown, my vehicle got stuck in Austrian distribution centre for 3-4 weeks. I was about to withdraw my order in December and purchase 2020 GLS but MB dealer could only offer delivery in August 2020, i.e. no better alternative. From my perspective, BMW's customer care in the Czech Rep. is highly unsatisfactory compared to the US so you don't have to be skeptical. In any case, with this experience, this is going to be the first and the last BMW that I'll ever purchase.
Appreciate 0