View Single Post
      06-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #115
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
I was actually furious and screaming when I heard "no penalty", this is not small infractions like crossing the pit-entry white line in Brazil.

He lost the corner under pressure and delibrately took the escape route and gunned the throttle, gaining more than half a second.

How is that NOT gaining an advantage? To me is a clear cut sporting infraction.

Nico lost the corner, he should simply lift the throttle when he was off track. If it was gravel, he would crash already! Paved escape zones are not for him to put full power there. It was designed to give a the ones who made a mistake a second chance, but the driver must lose some sort of advantage.
Absofreakinglutely. I can't understand how any racing fan can say that a warning is a fitting ruling here. If this was anything but a straight line paved escape route the race would have been over for Nico. He overcooked the entry and massively locked up. If it was barriers he would have crashed, if it was a sand pit he would have been stuck, if it was grass he would have spun. To just give up the lead would have been a huge gift and a bit less so would a drive through penalty. A warning is pure contempt for the sport.
Appreciate 0