Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
I do agree on that reasoning. However, for example in qualifying, a driver missed the corner and exceeded track limit, he would normally slow down and abandon the lap.

Or in race, driver would coast on the run-off area and rejoin the track without gaining too much advantage. As we seen a few time last weekend with other drivers as well.

However, what made me believe ROS should post a penalty was once he locked up the brakes. He was just like "F*** IT", i'm going for it....floored the car and gained an advantage immediately. Break out the DRS zone on the pit straight.

Unfortunately, the stewards didnt see it that way. But at least they are a bit more consistent this time on the above reasoning.
Then we get into the definition of "too much" - 0.6 seconds is as much time as it takes to blink an eye twice. People wanted a drive-through penalty for "gaining an advantage" of two eye blinks? It's very easy to say he gained an advantage from the comfort of our couches with the numbers on the screen, but I'm sure in Rosbergs head he was just keeping the spot he had.

If Hamilton didn't have brake failure, he would have caught Rosberg and passed him anyway. If there was a wall in turn one instead of a curb, Hamilton would have passed Rosburg or put him into the wall. Everyone loves to give LH the benefit in every what-if scenario but I have a hard time feeling bad for someone who is so shitty to their team over the radio. NR and LH are so much on the defensive that they both come off as a little nuts.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold

Last edited by KingOfJericho; 06-10-2014 at 11:05 AM..
Appreciate 0