E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Then we get into the definition of "too much" - 0.6 seconds is as much time as it takes to blink an eye twice. People wanted a drive-through penalty for "gaining an advantage" of two eye blinks? It's very easy to say he gained an advantage from the comfort of our couches with the numbers on the screen, but I'm sure in Rosbergs head he was just keeping the spot he had.

If Hamilton didn't have brake failure, he would have caught Rosberg and passed him anyway. If there was a wall in turn one instead of a curb, Hamilton would have passed Rosburg or put him into the wall. Everyone loves to give LH the benefit in every what-if scenario but I have a hard time feeling bad for someone who is so shitty to their team over the radio. NR and LH are so much on the defensive that they both come off as a little nuts.
As the battle as close as that moment, +/- 0.5 sec, one mistake like Rosberg did should've lost him the position already.

Sorry that I'm repeating myself, but the fact that he gunned the throttle in run-off area, pulling an arcade / GT5 style corner cutting move was just beyond me.

Run off area was design or placed to let drivers to live another day and stay in race. Not to take any advantage, break away DRS, and keep traction on pit straight IMO.

Then, with that move, the advantage for ROS just snowballs. Clean air, cooler on the rear brakes, etc etc. "IF" (another what if scenario) HAM managed to pass, he would have the clean air instead, and probably salvage the rear brakes. And ROS could've been the one retired instead. No one will ever know, its just one possibility to discuss.

2014 season is awesome! I can live without the V8 sound with fantastic racing and so much to talk about.