Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradocs98 View Post
Ha! Yep, it was a day of close encounters with Vettes.

I typically run high intermediate, and have done advanced a couple of times. It's hit-or-miss with advanced: I either hold my own without a problem, or end up driving my mirrors, giving constant point-bys to race-prepped Corvettes, GT3s, etc. Just depends on the composition of cars and drivers in that particular event. This event I ran high intermediate.

I would assume that advanced drivers are more disciplined and predictable, but it sounds like you've found it to be the opposite.
No, the advanced drivers seem to be more predictable but a lot depends on the definition of advanced in that organization. There was one organization that asked "who's an advanced driver, raise your hand"...not so good. I run advanced with The Driver's edge here in Texas and there are a lot of really good and really fast drivers.

I know how you feel but you should step up to advanced. In my case, the biggest difference was trail braking. Everyone was doing it except for me...so my left arm got wore out on the first day. I wanna say I was averaging 10 point bys a session...it was ridiculous. It helped me because it taught me the value of trail braking and it was great challenge that I now have to step up to. I've been working on my trail braking and can hold my own now. Maybe 5 point bys a session now...and I can even hold off the Miata's!
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0