View Single Post
      01-20-2015, 09:44 AM   #2
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

I'm sorry to hear this buddy. Even with the best controlled manufacturing process, defects are not 100% avoidable. Cell phones / laptops / etc all have a failure rating. Laptops industry average failure rate is 18%, that means 18 or 100 laptop sold will go in for warranty per year. BMW is actually much better, considering how many moving parts and electronics it has. For those think Audi is more reliable, think again. Report below. (1 in 27 engine fails vs 1 in 45)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...ty-survey.html

Engine reliability - bottom 10 brands according to Warranty Direct
1. MG Rover (failure rate: 1 in 13)
2. Audi (failure rate: 1 in 27)
3. Mini (failure rate: 1 in 40)
4. Saab (failure rate: 1 in 40)
5. Vauxhall (failure rate: 1 in 41)
6. Peugeot (failure rate: 1 in 44)
7. BMW (failure rate: 1 in 45)
8. Renault (failure rate: 1 in 46)
9. Volkswagen (failure rate: 1 in 52)
10. Mitsubishi (failure rate: 1 in 59)

I would document every single incident (photos, emails, etc.). Add up the days you're without your car and time spent away from work, then escalate it to the GM. You deserve a nice payment from either the dealer or BMW America. I know money cannot be made up for the time and frustration, but BMW will do the right thing.

I went through this with a plagued X5 that died on me twice, the the main gasket had to be replaced twice. I was in and out of the dealer every week for 2 months. BMW did the right thing and didn't lose a customer like me, who bought 6 cars in 5 yrs.
Appreciate 0