View Single Post
      02-01-2015, 07:59 AM   #4
JLBADBTAB
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6

Major Engine Issues

Brief update on my M4.....BMW will be replacing the cylinder head and all three (3) fuel pumps. Parts are due to land in USA late next week (Feb 5th). Hopefully, these fixes will address the issue.....if not I will be ordering a new M4. BTW, I have not received much information from the BMW technical folks in Germany, by way of BMWNA as to why they believe replacing the cylinder head will address the issue. Relative to the fuel pumps, I pressed to have these changed out since we've seen issues previously which either caused the fault code or resulted in sluggish engine performance. What I have learned from BMW is that this problem (lean mixture fault codes) has occurred before with certain builds in the July time frame. The local dealer has been great to work with and fully understands that a new car will be ordered (exactly the same as my current car with all the M Performance exterior and interior mods) if I experience any engine issues going forward. So, we will see what develops over the next couple of weeks.
Appreciate 0