View Single Post
      03-31-2019, 09:21 AM   #4
masmole
Captain
Rep
Drives: blue, gray, brown cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuerstBMW View Post
Most dealers are not giving any type of discount right now on the X7.
Depends where you are.

I simply made an online inquiry on a couple of free-to-members “car buying services” via Costco and USAA, and without spending even 2 minutes or talking to anyone, I received offers via email correspondence from sales managers from 3 local dealers ranging from 4-6% off msrp on their current X7 40i and 50i stock. I emailed back saying that I was interested in building and ordering a 2020 model X7 when an allocation becomes available and if they would honor a similar discount, to which I received enthusiastic replies from 2 of the dealers saying something like “Of course! Anything I can do to earn your business.”

I’m also in Chicago, so there are actually 9 dealers within 30 miles of me, so that may have something to do with it. This is typically the norm for other makes and models as well. When I ordered an Audi RS7 and received the dealer’s first allocation several years ago, you’d think that an Audi dealer would be crazy to discount early on a more limited-production halo sport model. I got 6% off msrp without much effort.