04-16-2008, 10:47 AM   #14
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxter View Post
I talked to my Service advisor yesterday and he still hasen't recived the air filters. I requested they complete what services they can but he told me that they cant start it as teh dealership will not get paid until the entire service is complete so they cant do partial now and more later.

Who else is on waiting list for these services???
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpWtE92 View Post
So it's for certain that my car is not going to be done today. I can't really blame the dealer too much because this is the first 2008 M3 that they are servicing and I would rather them do things right. I guess this is what we have to deal with for being some of the first to have a car in the US. The SA told me that it's taking longer because they wanted to go over all the procedures, double check what things needed to be done, and make sure the parts were in stock. Also, because only one or two techs were trained to service the car, they had to wait for them to be free. Obviously, the dealer could have been more prepared, but realistically, I guess that's asking too much from a BMW dealer. At least they should have all the parts (since the SA said that's what they spent time doing today) and my car should be ready tomorrow.

For those of you that will be doing this service in the next few months, I strongly suggest contacting a SA that you know and ask them to be prepared!
Jinxter: Sterling BMW did the run-in service yesterday on mine. I'm on some list they'll be calling when the filter comes in. So I think it can be done. What worries me most is the whole thing only took like 2 hours...from what AlpWt describes above, it sounds like my car was neglected. ...They probably only just reset the computer.

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0