Spitfirocks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i 07

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer View Post
Hello, Let me point you in the right direction:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297907

This thread will hopefully provide you with insight. What I will say in short however, is that I wouldn't touch that car with a 10 ft pole.

Reasons?

Here:

I paid $12,500 for my 335i with 30k miles, clear title, clear carfax/autocheck and still retains factory warranty. As soon as you have a badged title, you lose any factory or extended warranty you may have on the vehicle.

Another reason is because if they are taking the doors off, that isn't a good sign. This is likely closely related to the door jams being out of whack and they probably don't fit perfectly. Which means you'll be in for hackjob with spacers and such to try and make the doors line up, not to mention any kind of wind noises you'll be hearing at high speeds due to the seals not meshing properly and god knows if the car would end up leaking any water. The car needs still a good amount of work done on it, so you might as well try to pick up something for a little more cash. If you go cheap, I promise you'll regret it. You can't make an expensive car cheap... Well. Unless your as lucky as me.

Just remember, no matter how well you fix it, you're likely to have to deal with door hinge problems every time you get in and out, but most importantly, its still got 70k miles on it. You might as well go and spend 25k on a high mileage 335i.

EDIT: If you just want a possible diamond in the rough type car that if it turns out to be a little rough around the edges... Buy it. You never know how nice it might be. However I don't really see how the car is fully loaded with the seller listing options like: ABS, Power windows, POWER LOCKS(really?), CD Player.... I didn't know BMW's listed these things as options I had to pay for. Moreover, there is no navigation that I see either. For such a good deal, you can afford to have a third party come and inspect it. If you can't justify paying for that, then you probably can't justify buying the car.

How did you buy your car for 12.5k?
Appreciate 0