Tunes:
Alpha N
Dinan
JB4

Best bang for the your buck....

JB4

None does have a warranty with BMW

Dinan has a warranty but only with Dinan. So its a "Dinan Warranty"

I have been in many cars that have JB4 and (1)alpha N and I would choose JB4. Haven't been with Dinan or will ever choose to but there is a review regarding its tune. I believe the majority have JB4 over any other. Tested the Alpha N and the power isn't there.

So far JB4 has the highest WHP out of all the tunes so far. After putting over 4k miles on a the JB4 and 1k on the alpha N (another M3 sedan) I would say that it offers the best performance wise IMO. Other peoples reviews are welcomed.
So I have noticed the JB4 is a "beta" release... Is there any reason for this? I get that it's new- but could something change with the tune that would make it worth waiting for the official release?

How does a JB4 tune affect BMW's handling of the warranty?

Knowing that Dinan is a company that works so closely with BMW and Mercedes- and having read on Dinan's website that they have been developing the M3/M4 tune for two years, it strikes me as odd that BMW wouldn't just grant them exclusive access to the software code to offer a proper ECU flash.
The software can easily be updated with the jb4. Most people take it the dealership with the jb4 and have no issues.I personally haven't seen or heard a car with jb4 warranty been voided when the car is taken to the dealership.

Dinan tune is warrantied through dinan but only last two years from the purchase date. Dinan will take the car back and fix the issue.

Personally I would have gone for the flash but who knows when that will happen. There's always gonna be a faster car but driving stick isn't fun lol
Appreciate 0