04-25-2010, 10:20 PM   #30
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
You become your own worst road block if you think you're a hard gainer. As Poliquin says, "It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy." That idea of not being able to gain muscle becomes ingrained into your psyche and you grasp onto it as a way to explain why you're not getting results. Mentally you need to think you're not a hard gainer. It's about the attitude that you go into the game with. Have the mindset of an easy gainer.

The same goes for people with a specific disease with a label attached to it. They get attached to the label of their disease and the focus is on the sickness and not the healing so they never get better and remain sick. Change your attitude. Change your likelihood for results.

This is a gem of an article by Poliquin. Marinate on this information.

http://www.charlespoliquin.com/Artic...le.aspx?ID=284

I don't know if this applies to me...I mean I've been working hard, but I am still seeing results.

I weighed in around 128 lbs this time last year, and just today I am at 150.2 lbs. That's about a 20-22 lb gain in pure muscle in about 9-10 months (I didn't workout for a couple months during the past year)

Obviously, I would like to have seen a 40lb gain, but I guess I have to take what I can get.
Appreciate 0