04-26-2010, 09:26 PM   #35
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisisdudewhoru View Post
I've been working out consistenly for about 5 months now. I'm 5'10 145lbs. And haven't gained an ounce of weight yet but my lifts have constantly going up and my muscle mass has about doubled, not really sure why I haven't gained weight. I started off weak as hell only benching around 135lbs max. I'm now maxing 220 and doing pyramid sets with 180lbs x6, 190lbs x4 then 200lbs x2reps. I've tried to go up 5 or more lbs per week and it's seemed to work well so far. All curls(40lbs), overheads(42lbs), lie down fly's(42lbs), pulls(75lbs), standing flys(25lbs), shrugs(50lbs) are done with dumbbells(all exercises 3 sets of 6). Also do 2 sets of 20 dips with 80lbs on my lap. Hell, I'd like to get to 165 or 170 and I'd be happy. I look like I weigh a lot more than I do but I have a pretty small waist. I only have 265lbs in free weights at the house so that's all i've been squating with.

Drinking a 62g protein shake a day. 2 servings of creatine a day. Jack3d as preworkout. Have a pretty high protein and carb diet as I don't eat any veggies except corn and potatoes.

My mentality is just keep working hard and you'll eventually get there. Never settle.
Are you getting enough sleep? How many calories do you intake a day? You will gain weight if you up your caloric intake to like over 2500 a day - guaranteed. Even if you are full, force yourself to eat more. It sucks, but neccessary. Also, try taking some mass builder, like TrueMass...it's working wonders for me.

I am like you, in the lifting department. I started off struggling with the BAR, now I rep 185.
Appreciate 0