View Single Post
      07-08-2018, 02:43 PM   #2
DigiSage
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskurth View Post
Alright, I know many people think the exhaust is so cool with the popping and crackling...but I HATE IT. I MEAN REALLY HATE IT. To me is sounds like a car that has not been properly tuned. Poor workmanship. I don't want the constant stares and attention.

Cars should be QUIET! I love tight handling, I love quick response,BUT THIS HORRIBLE NOISE has got to go. Is there any way in heck that I can shut up the exhaust back-firing noise, without being in only comfort mode.

Anyone know how to get rid of it. They did on my 3 series years ago.
Before the people who base their identity on liking the sound jump on you, I wanted to say that I agree with you. Perhaps not to the same degree, but on the whole, I do not like / enjoy the sound. I am trying to get used to it, trying to like it, but after about 1000 miles, so far it hasn't happened.

I have to wonder, is the sound necessary? In other words, based on the engine/transmission/exhaust combination in the M40i, in sport mode, are the pops a natural side effect? Or are they "added" to make the exhaust sound "better"? If they are added, and not a necessary byproduct of how the car is set up, perhaps they can be removed with a flash.

You are not crazy.
Appreciate 1
dskurth41.50