View Single Post
      08-29-2020, 01:20 PM   #27
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by musa View Post
How's the shifting after the change? I also had my transfer case oil changed in addition to the trans and diffs. Now when when the vehicle has stopped and waiting (e.g. at a stop light), after 4-5 secs I feel a slight nudge at the rear, like someone gave the vehicle a gentle kick . How's your's behaving? When I first felt this I thought the car behind me had hit me.
Have your transmission adaptations reset and then perform the relearn procedure (30 percent throttle from a stop to 60, let coast down to stop, smooth road, no interruptions, repeat 3 times and then do 3 times in sport and also in manual (shift at 2500-3k in manual).

Also have your transfer case recalibrated at the same time. You can also do all this yourself with a ENET cable, laptop, and ISTA if you are a do-it-yourselfer.

Make sure to do the relearn procedure on the transmission after as it will actually shift worse for the first few miles after reset while the computer is learning the new adaptations. Smooth long stretches of level roads are a must during the relearn. If you are in city then try to do when traffic is lightest, goal is not to be interrupted by having to brake early.

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 08-29-2020 at 01:28 PM..
Appreciate 0