08-31-2020, 12:26 PM   #36
DgjoX6M2016
F86, G05, E91
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuille36 View Post
This is some good advice, as I'm in the 50K range now. I've completed a brake flush, engine coolant flush and power steering flush. Still have the F/R Diffs, transfer case and transmission to do. You've all heard this before, but I've reached out to BMW, and they don't recommend doing a transmission service unless it has an issue, sited lifetime fluid BS. Well, I'm having my services done regardless. F/R Diffs and transfer case is straight forward, transmission is a little more involved. As is pretty much the same procedure as my E63 AMG, the transmission has to be brought up to operating temperature. I'm planning on changing the filter and the oil. My shop quoted me around $800, to include the expensive transmission fluids from BMW. So from what I read thus far, I need to purchase approximately 6 liters?
Listen to this Amsoil rep. Lots of info here that can be confusing, but he states Allison recommends 100k fluid exchanges given the use of PAO based synthetics. Allison knows a thing or two about transmissions. Around the 7:30-8 min mark. Non POA group III fluids have a hard stop at like 30k given varnish/antioxidants failing. There is likely truth in the 'lifetime' claim it seems if the ZF Lifeguard fluid ..if lifetime is 75k miles or so.

Appreciate 1
F85MTuNED1623.50