View Single Post
      12-29-2006, 10:20 PM   #20
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
Sflgator's dyno gains aren't directly comparable the car here because it was tested on a Mustang load bearing dyno, not an intertial style Dynojet. This is a much bigger factor than the difference in octane as each dyno uses a different methodology to measure torque/horsepower. This is why it is only valid to compare dyno results taken from the same dyno. All in all, I suspect sflgator's car to put down 5-10 more whp and 10-15lbft of torque more due to the higher octane fuel (93 vs. 91). Just a guess though...
i know the peak numbers are not comparable whatsoever, but arent the gains comparable? even with diffrent corrections and dynos the gains should remain constant i thought? although i guess the extra torque could have nothing to do with the 93 just the tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
PS. The wavey lines in the tuned run was caused by the car oscillating back and forth quickly during the dyno pull. That has more to do with how tightly and straigh the car was strapped down than anything else. This oscillation does not exist on the road whatsoever
that occured to me after i posted, remembered reading you mention that somewhere else

and something i noticed, does your license plate say peter pan BMW? that is such a weird name for a bmw dealer
Appreciate 0