04-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #9
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBFIU View Post
Granted, even at 73k. That is some heavy coin for a car that really isnt particularly good at any one thing. That isn't a bad thing for some, as a matter of fact I bet that would be a fantastic GT or cruiser for road trips. But I think it is a different kind of animal than a track inspired car, which is what I am more attracted to. It is more of an 'all around' good car in my opinion, still a little pricey even at 73k. I would consider buying one if base started at 65k.

The engine + drivetrain does sound fantastic though.
I don't know how you come to the conclusion that it's not particularly good in any area, involvement and challenging the driver I have to conceed that the M3 will have it licked, but I was of the opinion that it might be better than the M3 at almost all things bar entertainment, and even then it's personal taste whether or not the M3 will be actually any better.

The question is, whether all these other areas where it might be superior but lose out in involvement is worth it to you. If the answer is no then there is few better cars than an M3 but for those seeking a worthy alternative then you could do a lot worse than an RS5.
Appreciate 0