11-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #11
AdiSinghV12
First Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: 320d M-Sport, X1, 525d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presario View Post
Hey Adi, upon rereading your post I realized I made an error. I thought you meant the HR coilovers and not the Bilstein coilovers. The min drop on the Bilstein is 1.2 inches. Don't know if that makes a huge difference from 1.5".

As for embarrassing moments over bad roads, I'd say most likely yes. If you hit a bump with a full car, you run the risk of bottoming out with stock shocks. I'd just got full Bilstein + HR spring combo from the start.
Thanks once again Presario! Well the B14 is costing me around USD2500 inclusive of shipping and installation in India whereas the H&R Sport is for around USD500 and the B8s are coming around USD 1400 (all 4 shocks including installation). Won't the H&Rs + B8s (OR B6) will make a better package ? I ain't planning to lower the car more than 1.2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaleke View Post
Just curious, why not go with a whole package of Mperformance suspension instead? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, the Mperformance suspension for cars without sport suspension came with everything such as shocks/dampers, bushings, red springs, swaybars, etc.
I'd imagine roads over in India are similar with here in Jakarta, city vicinities are fine but once in the urban areas things can get quite bumpy. the HR springs drop the car quite a bit so i'd think u need a more subtle drop, no?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
No sway bars are included.
M Performance Suspension is not on offer in India. It's the only thing that's missing from their Performance accessories catalogue. And, H&R lowers around 1.2 all over so that won't be too low for India. My only dilemma now is to whether keep the stoke shocks for 15-20k kms or get the bilsteins right away.

PS: How would the Bilstein B6 be with the H&R Sports ?
Appreciate 0