06-02-2022, 01:37 PM   #11
dpaul
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335xi, 2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by markw390 View Post
Hi did you get anywhere with this code. I have the same problem 2007 e92 I have eventually found the bistable relay it is inside the fuse box soldered to the main board. I have tested it on my car it the relay was OK. I replaced it anyway it hasn't made any difference. Like you I have scouted the internet to no avail.
Terminal 30g-f (New name Terminal 30F; F for Fault) is a voltage supply that switched in the event of a standby current violation (i.e. something is drawing too much power or drawing it when it should not be).

Terminal 30F supplies power to control units and electrical devices that should remain active when a driver is not present BUT which can be switched off in the event of a fault to preserve battery power.

In most BMWs, Terminal 30F is controlled by a "bistable relay". It has two opposing coils; one that opens and one that closes the relay contacts. The relay remains in whatever position it was in after the last activation even when power is removed from the coils (i.e. it is "bistable"). Under normal conditions, 30F circuits are supplied with power. The point of "bistable" is so that stuff that should be switched off stays off until the conditions that led to the switching off are resolved.

There's a lot more to it which you can google yourself if you are interested.

In my E90, 30F provides power to CIC, TCU/MULF, Comfort Access and trailer module. Nothing critical to unlocking the car, starting the engine and driving away. If your CCC and TCU/MULF are working then I'm guessing but A731 is reporting that something in the JBE is no longer able to respond to current-draw violation. There would (should) be other codes if power was being drawn inappropriately.

Last edited by dpaul; 06-02-2022 at 01:43 PM..
Appreciate 0