View Single Post
      06-04-2020, 04:40 PM   #5
hottroc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
Search newtis.info for connector name/location/wireing than search in realoem.com for partnumber and order from dealer by part number.
Unfortunately that method does not seem to work for connectors.

Example:
In newtis the connector appears to be E405*1B described as "6-pin connector"

In realoem nothing comes up searching for E405*1B. Searching for 6-pin connector brings up a very poor res picture of the entire wiring loom of the car, impossible to make out anything. Looking through the list below I find several possibilities, such as 61139242495 but when I click on it there is no individual picture for me to check. And it seems to be related to something completely different (seat-belt retractor?)

Any other suggestions? Are they standard connectors in any sense or BMW specific?

[EDIT - So I found one of the connectors on newtis, see pic attached, but none of the numbers appearing in the diagram appear anywhere on realoem]

[EDIT2 - And that info on newtis is itself wrong anyway. Even though I put in the exact car and took the number from the wiring diagram. But as seen in the diagram below, that shows as a 4-pin connector...it's definitely needing to be a 6-pin connector. That's why it's essential to be able to see a photo of the part]
Attached Images

Last edited by hottroc; 06-04-2020 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: Added diagram
Appreciate 0