View Single Post
      11-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #10
Mike P
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi

I have never used Zymol, but have a neighbor that does. His vehicle does look good, but for the cost and longevity, I wouldn’t switch. Collinite is $17 US for a 16 oz bottle. I have never measured but when waxing a vehicle, I’m sure that well less than half an oz is used. I have had people return to my shop, stating that insects and dirt have been washed off the vehicles after a rain.
I have found it is one of the glossiest waxes on the market and that dark vehicles appear wet. As for the depth, that is a very subjective question. Some use Collinite as their base wax and then top it with something (in their opinion) to give it depth.
I have about half a dozen different waxes in my shop. Once I have depleted them, I will not purchase anything but Collinite 845 and Collinite Marque D’Elegance. My problem is that at the rate I am using Collinite compared to others, it might take a while.
I don’t want to shoot myself in the foot but, asking someone what is the best wax, is like asking, what is the best wine. I will say though, that for ease of application, longevity and appearance, Collinite would be one of, if not the best.
Remember wax is meant to be applied thin. The wax that you buff off, is wasted wax.
Appreciate 0