View Single Post
      11-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #21
Mike P
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi

+1 for what Chili Palmer said. Everyone should clay their car at least once a year. To see how much contamination that is on your paint, the baggie test can be a real eye opener. For those wondering, after washing your car put your hand inside a plastic bag and feel the paint on your vehicle. It should feel perfectly smooth as compared to a sheet of sand paper. To entice someone to bring me their vehicle I get them to perform the baggie test.

If you want to take your elimination of contamination to the next level, try a product like IronX. It will remove embedded brake dust. It exists on all vehicles, but most visible on lighter colors. Next time you see a white vehicle, check for small rust spots. This is embedded brake dust starting to rust. IronX or such products dissolve this.

On the Collinite subject. To eliminate the dreaded BMW brake dust, clay your wheels and apply two coats of Collinite. As I’ve said before, you will be able to use a garden hose or waterless wash solution, to remove it.
Appreciate 0