AKittrell
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7; 2018 Panamera 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwalton View Post
I do not believe this to be true.

My 4 Series has DHP with the Active M Suspension. Computers, dampers, in milliseconds it reads the roads and physically adjusts the suspension on the fly for the best possible driving experience.

Our X7's do not have any active suspension components. We have air suspension for height and we have a chip that can change the steering radius, but nothing physical is happening to the steering rack or the suspension components to make for a more sporty ride. The stock X7 and the DHP X7 handle the same.

This is what was explained to me at the dealership and by geniuses.
Todd, when I was looking to have the geniuses educate me on DHP, they were lost in the sauce. I didn't know that DHP was even offered on the 4 series, I thought that the Adaptive M Suspension was the only option for the 4series. They also told me they had never seen one in inventory to actually be able to test it out. It is not the same as Adaptive M Suspension(I've ordered that on one of my F15 X5 back in 2014). DHP does indeed make the comfort more comfortable and sporty more sporty from personal everyday experience. I recently had a loaner X7 with just air suspension and it drove good and the ride was good, the DHP elevates that a notch and with such a large vehicle(SAV), every little bit helps. I will never order another X7 without it unless they come up with something greater.
Appreciate 0