01-05-2009, 09:38 PM   #5
mechanicalmagic
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Cashmere Silver

Thanks for the responses.

Matt:
Thanks for the link to the GGC BMW CCA site, I had not seen that points calculator. I'm going to be on stock rubber/rims for a while, need to get a feel for the car first. And also hope to get some ideas from the folks around the course. Question: (Please be kind, I'm a noob). It seems to my old mind that going to 8.5" all around will eliminate understeer, by providing reduced traction in the rear. Seems the best traction on both ends would be better, and let the driver deal with Usteer. Help please.

Surname:
Thanks for the welcome, I've had an ARRP card for a while. And my grandkids are learning:
"Don't cross Grandpa, he never loses."
OREGON, the only place where a Black car can exist, because there's no sunshine. I'm glad there are people that like it, keeps them from moving to CA. ;-)

WabbitHunter:
I am looking for the thrill of of driving quick and precise, and comparing my (aging) skills to the young bucks. I have no plans to run SCCA, the GGC BMW CCA seems to have much more track time, from what I can get off the website/forum. I ain't dead yet. By joining GGC BMW CCA, I hope to get some track time at Thunderhill, Seca or Sonoma. Nothing serious, just a thrill to keep the old heart pumping. I have a clue on the rubber thing, did some "mechanics laps" at Thunderhill a few years back. Trying to get the pressure right, (not my Mother's tires). Any suggestions on vendors in the Bay Area?

NEXT QUESTION:
Where to buy a hat? (At least that's what we called a helmet in the 60's.)
Appreciate 0