View Single Post
      02-10-2009, 11:54 PM   #11
Canexican
Closet N54 Fan
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
Noticed how I said it may reduce some understeer! And I didn't say to add a bigger or smaller anti-roll bar. M3 spec bar is what I was thinking...same diameter with much improved bushings.

I think the orginal poster said he is running in the stock class....I have not autox in years, but if I remember correctly you may modify, install or remove the front anti-roll bar only!

Rear anti-roll bar modifications aren't allowed!

Regarding wheel width, I don't think that is allowed in stock class either! That also means tire width can't be altered much using stock diameter and width wheels.
WHOA, lets calm down here buttercup. You've got a whole lot of exclamation points that are painting quite the angry picture. I know its frustrating not having autocrossed in years, but don't take it out on me buddy. So, anyhoo, turns out you were right about a few things - well pretty much everything.

Basically, the BEST and only mod for stock class would be, as previously mentioned, some Dunlop Direzza Star Specs. I'd get good with fresh rubber and learn to control your car anyway before i'd go messing with the suspension - best to take things one at a time and understand how each modification is affecting the stock handling before deciding if it is an improvement.

I blame the fact that I've never competed in a stock class and forgot the strictness of the allowable modifications. Knowing me, I'd probably throw on a Hotchkiss Sway Bar and just paint it black so no one would know .

NOTE: Just saw that you aren't even planning on competing in SCCA, so everything I said wasn't exactly pertinent. Although, better tires are still your best bet. Besides, if you have prior autocross experience, you're not going to be at the bottom. You act like 63 = Hopeless. I'm 23 and I got my ass handed to me by a 74 year old in a C4 corvette on slicks in BSP. I myself have also taken down a pretty modified SRT-10. My point: don't assume you won't be able to perform just because its been awhile since you autocrossed.
Stock Turbo. Stock Cams. E85 Powered. Tuned by JSDyno.com
Sweet vids of my car kicking ass...
Appreciate 0