12-15-2010, 08:04 PM   #3
335Xray
Do, or do not. There is no 'try'.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 50i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsuro View Post

Found that the easiest way to install them is by disconnecting the cable before taking the OEM bulb out. This makes everything possible using just one hand, which is all that barely (not quite) fits in the hole and the cable is too short to work outside of it. Used a long, thin screwdriver to unhook the gray clips in the image below:

Both bulbs come out by turning them to the left. I then installed the GP bulb before connecting the cable. Once I figured that out the install took less than five-minutes per side. And yes, I used surgical gloves just in case I accidentally touched the bulbs.

The Daylights dim when the driving lights come on and at that point the Angel Eyes get warmer (yellower) that's understandable as well.

Thanks!

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida
Jose,

Nice work with the pics! Your advice is AWESOME, but about a week late! For anyone changing the angel eye bulbs out, follow his advice. Take the harness off prior to removing the bulb, then install the bulb and then hook wiring harness up...

I did NOT do this and had a heck of a time with my big meat hook...I actually dropped the drivers side GP thunder bulb into the headlight housing and coulnd't get it out and had to order another set. Thankfully they they are only $15 for the pair...

Also, wearing gloves is highly recommended as Jose did.

Nice work!

X
Appreciate 0