View Single Post
      02-12-2021, 11:36 AM   #2
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

I need to have at least one manual in my stable. I've never had the luxury of owning two cars at once but I am currently looking at 944 turbos and 944 S2s as my fun/track car and will keep my M235 6MT as a daily. The 944 will obviously be a manual.

When comes to which car in my stable I'd want the manual, I'd DEFINITELY want my fun car to be the manual. Absolutely. For me, I have no desire to own a supercar with an auto. I want that connection, even if the car is slower. There is NO replacing that feel. If you're younger than 35, you probably wouldn't understand as you've probably spent little of your life driving a manual and probably lean more towards the tech and acceleration advantage of the auto.

There's damn good reason why manual R8s, Ferraris, Lambos, 911s, Caymen/Boxster, M BMWs, etc. all fetch more money than their automatic counterparts. Take note of how many of those owners had autos at first and then sold to get the manual.

If you're going to track this car competitively, then the auto is a no brainer. It will be faster and more reliable.