02-26-2015, 11:49 PM   #17
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsjr70 View Post
The only crappy thing is that it's got to be a pain in the neck to replace the dash board part and I wonder what it will be like to remove center console?
Replacing the dash piece isn't difficult. It's a multi-step process, but nothing that isn't possible with a little patience. There's a silver trim piece on the far end that pops off, allowing you to remove the air vent and disconnect the harness. Once that's out, the remainder of the trim pops off. Disconnect the harnesses, swap the start/stop button/ASS button and air vents, and reinstall the new piece. [I'm not 100% sure if the center air vents are attached to the trim piece or not. On other BMW's, like my F10's, they were.]

The center console should just pop out if the design hasn't evolved too much from the E70. The control buttons (M buttons, cameras, PDC, HDC) and the iDrive controller are attached to the trim piece. The GWS and parking brake/auto hold switch are not. Unhook the harnesses and swap the buttons. That's it.

As we get closer I'll confirm this. Right now it's premature since our cars aren't built and we can't order parts.