02-01-2016, 07:54 AM   #9
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike01ci View Post
Agreed. Part of me was thinking at this would lease like an e46m3, but I personally don't think that it is going to happen. For a reference point, in 2001-2006 you would easily lease a $56k m3 for around $700/month with taxes/all-in. A lot has changed in 10 years though. I have no clue how a Honda leases, and frankly hope I never know.

The M2 lease would be a nice option (for the consumer) if the car ends up having a bunch of problems. ie, it is nice to walk away at the end of the term and additionally BMWFS is more than willing to swap out a car if it is plagued (ie my 07 335 ->08 335) during a lease.

I am not sure that BMWNA is doing this to prevent "car hoppers," or is truly aiming this thing at enthusiasts. I personally think that the company is more focused on harvesting a desire for their cars in a new generation (ie people who wear skinny jeans and have a beard). My opinion is that this "enthusiast campaign" is the "in" thing right now, and they think it will sell the most cars.

Will all that being said, if this thing doesn't live up to the hype, I am done considering anything post e92. I will move over to our friends in Stuttgart for the "new" stuff.
This made me laugh. I'm 25 and I don't have a beard, so this makes me happy.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0