View Single Post
      08-01-2009, 09:24 PM   #77
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
Hmmm. That's interesting. I find the AMG brakes (6 pot composite front 2 piece rotors with 4 pot rears) on the E63 to be as good if not better than my Porsche (much lighter car) and beyond better than the 335i/M3. I experienced quite a bit of fade early with the BMW(?) Brakes seemed to be the achilles heel of the M3(?)

Are the C63 brakes really that bad?
No, the C63 AMG brakes are phenomenal. In fact, the C63 brakes (std., non-perf. package) brakes are far superior to the BMW 335i brakes. Again, I would challenge anyone to drive a stock or tuned BMW 335i from 0-100mph, then 100mph-0, and then drive 70mph on a hwy. on/off ramp. Then, do the same thing in a MB C63 and tell me which one brakes better, shows more confidence, handles better, and just plain feels safer. If you tell me the BMW 335i, you're lying.

Just compare the BMW 335i front brake rotors to the huge, drilled C63 AMG front brake rotors...
Attached Images

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0