Luminor513
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 G07 x40i BSM/Blk Merino

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpPencil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art-CK View Post
Yes, I originally was looking for full size RR and was looking forward to switching away from BMWs (I'm on my 5th). After driving full size RR a couple of times I found it too floaty, although very comfortable. I also found RR now feels dated vs. X7. I need large, comfortable 4 seater that inspires confidence while driving, yet still luxurious. X7 m50i with 2 captain chairs fit the bill perfectly.

If I wanted fun to drive SUV, Cayenne S out handled everything else I tried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminor513 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpPencil View Post
Can't believe I actually read thru the entire thread 😅

Back to the question I was here for, I am a hardcore fan of Range Rover and i used to own a 5L Full Sized Range Rover. Took it to some mountain roads and felt it was a little too floaty round the bends.

Before I commit on the X7, Just curious if anyone here has first hand experience comparing the handling between the X7 & Full Sized RR ?
We came from a 3 year lease on a RR HSE. Both my wife and I can safely say the X7 is a much better handling vehicle.

Few comparison points...out RR had the 22inch wheels, also our X7 has 22 inch wheels, m-perf brakes, and IAS.

The X7 simply feels more planted, Much more stable at speed, much more stable under braking, just better overall ride, think 7 series just up higher. The air suspension in the X7 has a nice balance between handling and compliance. The RR air suspension is all about floating/wafting down the road and not at all about handling. We are very happy with our decision to go with the X7.

Great! Just what I wanted to hear 👍🏻 No regrets then !
Absolutely no regrets. X7 is a better SUV than the RR.