Artz 330
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M, 335i, 135i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch
Happened to me regularly in my E60.Go in at night,car locked and alarm activated.Come out in the morning all windows down, alarm deactivated and trunk in the fully open position.Was likely to happen anywhere or at any time when the car was parked up.Had it back several times to the dealer and they would replace things,would be ok for a couple of weeks and then be back again.In the end it was a software fix that put an end to the problem.They hooked it up to the "Heart Monitor" downloaded whatever software was on it,sent it off to the UK and some boffin over there scrutinised it,waved a magic wand,sent it back, downloaded it to my car and voila! Problem solved. In short it sounds like you have the same problem I had and it was software related,it got fixed eventually but did take a while to get to the bottom of it.
LOL what if one day you go out shoppin or something, your walking across the parking lot, and all of a sudden you see this BMW, putting the windows down, opening the sunroof, and popping the trunk open. lol i would roll on the floor and die if I saw that in person.. lol BMW's are so cool, they really do have a personallity of their own. , My trunk likes to unlatch it self, and ill get the trunk warning light that its open after I have been crusing for like 30-40 minutes on the freeway at 70 mph.. lol thank god it doesnt open completely, that would be embarassing. But hell its ok. Sometimes your BMW feels sick to the tummy and needs some air. So what better way to cool off a bit, BMW opens everything. I wonder if I called my car if it would turn on and drive over to me?