Thread: X7 vs Model X
View Single Post
      12-02-2021, 01:07 PM   #25
Ucla98
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas5 View Post
I haven't tested Model X auto pilot but I am pleasantly surprised how well it works in X7 every day. It is a well designed system, whether you are stuck in traffic and going under 40 mph (completely autonomous) or driving on a highway at faster speeds. Also, my stock 22s are non-run flats. I would actually prefer to have run flats. I am surprised by your insurance comment, I thought Tesla's are cheaper as there are fewer things that break and have highest crash test ratings. I would not call BMW not reliable. Probably not as reliable as Teslas. RR is not reliable. Agree mpg is not great but we knew that when picking V8s. I would consider a Tesla or Lucid in the future but as of now Tesla doesn't check many of the boxes for me and I am not ready to drive it just for the fact that it is electric
IF you want a car that requires very little maintaince, then model X is for you. Tire change is all you need for the first 3 years. If you buy/lease a BMW, expect to bring the car in to the service center at least once a year. BMW has a lot of electrical problems, that require you to bring it in very frequently. I know because I had leased 3 different 7 series before. And everytime you visit the center, you spend at least an hour there (waiting for an advisor, talking to an advisor, getting a loaner car etc)....and another 30 minutes to pick up the car. Some Bmw parts take a while to order and they will keep your car for several days. I am semi-retire now and I don't mind the wait...that's why I went back to leasing a X7.

On my earlier post, I mentioned that I got the "replace battery" on the day that I signed the lease on the X7. The dearlership, where I got the car from, is 2 hours away (I got the car from them because they had the car with driving assistance package that I wanted). When I brought the car in this morning to a nearby BMW center, this center said the battery is not under the warranty because the original dealership did not charge the battery properly. To replace it for free, I had to drive 2hrs back to the original dealership. The X7 only has 100 miles on it.

Edit: Just spoken with the saleperson from the original dealership. He will send someone to our house to pick the car up, replace the battery, and then drop the car off. I hope he'll keep his promise. I guess I will have to get an Uber or use my teenage son's 2014 Lexus to get around town while the car is at the shop.

Last edited by Ucla98; 12-02-2021 at 01:28 PM..
Appreciate 0