View Single Post
      12-03-2021, 09:24 PM   #32
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasheaer View Post
Its funny that you quote horse and carts... I'm guessing you would have been in the crowd that thought automobiles were a ridiculous invention and that people should continue to utilize the original horse power.

By your logic, we should all have gas generators powering our houses... if you don't believe there is efficiency in mass production then I'm not sure anyone can help you.

Are electric vehicles in the current form the perfect savior probably not, but dismissing them as a party trick is ridiculous.

Note that I drive a 3/4 ton diesel, and x7m50 and a 70 year old ute, so I'm not some sort of environmental extremist.

Jay
My intent was that the government is pushing electric vehicles as the solution to achieving green energy. Yet, 60% of all electric power is produced using fossil fuel. So tell my how converting to electric vehicles in the current fossil fuel produced electric infrastructure is going to accomplish that?

Additionally, as I clearly stated, the infrastructure to support an all electric vehicle country doesn't even exist yet. So how is the country going to be able to support an all electric vehicle fleet in 10 years if we don't even have a 100th of the charging stations available to support all those electric vehicles? Hence, Cart before the horse. How are you going to move the cart if you don't have a horse to pull it?

Oh, and where did I dismiss electric vehicles as a party trick in my post?
Appreciate 1