View Single Post
      04-05-2020, 01:04 PM   #584
seamusad
Rep
Drives: bmw x7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post
Are the Boston dealers completely closed? Here in CA, the sales dept is closed to walk in sales but they are doing online sales and deliveries. They do paperwork by mail/email and will deliver the car to your house then remove the plastic wrap on the seat/steering wheel etc and leave the keys in the car and walk 10 to 20 ft away then call you to come out and take delivery of the car. No direct physical contact between the SA and buyer. But still selling and delivering cars despite the shelter in place order.

But they can only do this with cars sitting on their lot. No dealer trades, and no new cars coming from port since the port is closed.
Yes, the dealership I am using is completely closed. We went to their lot yesterday just to see our vehicle and there wasn't a soul on either their service lot or at the primary sales location. I assumed service would still be open but it seems they are operating on an as-needed weekday only basis. We didn't even get to see my wife's x7as they stored it inside. I'm glad it is safe but I was counting on a live viewing to carry me through until the closing. Let's hope they are able to reopen in May.
Appreciate 0