View Single Post
      12-23-2020, 09:16 AM   #12
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin fed View Post
I was a Operations Manager at a body shop and we shut the doors in march and I have been looking ever since. It is really tough out there right now, especially around the holidays. It's even worse if you are trying to go corporate. They are all taking resumes and not bothering to get back to you, or you get an interview and they keep stalling you out. I am waiting on my 3rd interview with one company, but they keep telling me "next week" and then I don't hear back. It is extremely frustrating.
I'm going to message you....I may be able to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxTHIR13ENxx View Post
Update:
Was offered a position in a new up-and-coming company.

The Pros:
  • Higher salary
  • Growth potential
  • Familiar with the rendering software I use
  • Commission incentive (was not offered in my previous firm)
  • Smaller office in South Florida; headquarters in Central Florida
  • IRA match at 3% (same as my previous firm)

The Cons:
  • Longer commute (double my previous firm)
  • Some negative online reviews (poor organization)
  • Only 50% health insurance coverage - I pay the other 50% (my previous firm paid 100%)
  • Almost certainty of longer hours

All in all, I'm taking this as great news, relieves a lot of pressure already.
I'm still waiting and hopeful to hear back from other, more local offices, but very thankful for having an offer already.

- Leo.
Congrats. This is the way I look at your situation "right now" There is no bad job offer.
1-you can always contribute to their improvement on the reviews and be a hero
2-if something comes up down the road that is a better opp you cant decide at that point
3-who the heck knows what is going to happen come Jan/Feb with the new regime, I can't imagine it would be a time anyone would want to take a chance being out of work
Appreciate 0