View Single Post
      12-24-2019, 11:33 AM   #10
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by j080808 View Post
I noticed the "new" style on my wifes October 2020 build. I ended up sticking some rubber bumpers to the back, as the felt is not only worthless but 3 of the 4 had fallen off.

There are a ton on Amazon, just ordered this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and will probably need to source the correct depth screws taking into account what plate frame/silicone holder I install.
Excellent, j080808 - many thanks for sharing. I just ordered two to keep on hand for the future! Note if you type in 2019 X3 it states it won't fit your vehicle, but if you put in 2018 it says it does, so it must be reading off the new (cheapo) part number BMW transitioned to and not the good one which was used in 2018.

And as reference, the two small stainless steel narrow thread screws I show in the image are ~ 4mm thread width x 8mm thread height. I'm using 4mm x 10mm with a washer and they fit perfectly with our low profile license frame.

Would really encourage everybody to take a look at their rear license plate area to see which bracket and screws they've got, and to make sure paint chips aren't present, especially in locales with snow/salt exposure as the area behind the plate is a perfect set-up for corrosion.
Appreciate 1
j080808129.00