Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
If your wife is getting the M50i, I would just get the GLS AMG. Nice to have a little variety in the house and you can't beat an AMG V8. GLS is also likely a bit more practical.

Just curious but why the need for two 3-row SUV's?
Trust me, I'm really not thrilled about the concept of us both having basically the same vehicle. We have a new baby, and want to have a couple more kids. So we'll need space for her vehicle for sure. I am a big guy and don't fit in, or like driving, small cars. I occasionally have customers or employees with me, so I would like something comfortable and nice. But I always want something that isn't a slow sloppy boat like a big truck (although my truck was sick). Mine would have captain chairs in the rear, hers would have bench.

My issue with Mercedes is probably really silly. Our experience at the BMW dealer nearby has been incredible. Top notch facility, customer service, loaner cars, they're just great. Mercedes dealer nearby is the complete opposite - completely rude, unhelpful, and sketchy with their recommendations for repairs. We have a Sprinter fleet and they have been the worst. I also love the BMW handling over anyone else, though we test drove the base GLS and it was much more responsive than I remember the older models being (we have a 2008 R class and it's a floppy boat). I also expect the GLS63 will be more expensive than the XB7 once desired options are all added - but I don't see where I can build the GLS63 on the website so I can't verify that yet.
That makes sense, a relationship with a dealership is a very important part of ownership so I don't blame you for not wanting to go with Mercedes because of that.

I believe you can find dealer order guides for the GLS63 AMG on the MBWorld Forums if you do want to check them out.

If you do end up going X7, your probably better off with two M50i's since the Alpina doesn't seem as special for the price outside of color.

Good luck with your decision