Audio Fan
Major
Rep
Drives: AY - M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobUSC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Fan View Post
I'm not solely focused on power. It's the total package of the GLS 450 for less money than an X7 that make for an interesting playing field. I like BMW. I have an M4 comp and have had four M3s and another M4. The GLS will be stiff competition and the new one will be more so. I think BMW built the X7 with GLS in mind, among others.
Really? You're the one that brought up the GLS450 was "more powerful for less money" than the X7 40i. Now that it's pointed out the X7 is significantly quicker despite the power "disadvantage", it's not about power? Then why did you bring it up in the first place? Whatever.

Anyway, as far the slight price difference goes, you're comparing an ancient car to a new one. The new one SHOULD be more expensive.
The difference is marginal, however, and in fact only applies to the X7 40i vs the GLS450, as the X7 50i is miraculously actually cheaper than the GLS550. Once the new GLS replaces the ancient current model and catches up the X7 in tech and freshness, I can promise you the GLS will cost just as much or more as the X7.
Easy man. Just sharing thoughts. You obviously aren't reading the whole post. I'm just thinking the GLS, both new and current, will represent stiff competition given the price of the X7. As for quickness and power, who knows how they are geared and how they'll stack up. 0-60 isn't everything. Think about hauling, passing, etc. MB has strong engines, and BMW put an engine with the same output as a 340 in a big car. I was just a little surprised to see this and believe the new GLS 450 will increase output.

Again, I am BMW guy that also owns a GL and is curious as to how the cards will fall. I was hoping for more power in the base model and that the X7 would be a slam dunk for me.
Appreciate 0