View Single Post
      01-09-2010, 12:02 AM   #17
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6M Monte Carlo Blue

The X6M has a huge oil cooler on the left side and the right side is the also huge water cooler for the fluid that goes to the two water intercoolers for the turbochargers. My oil temp goes to just under 210 degrees and stays there, so there must be some kind of thermostatic control to keep the oil temperature at this optimum temperature. The M has the oil temp gauge at the bottom of the tach. I am not sure about the gauges on the other models. The water intercoolers seem to stay pretty cool also. I want to check them after a full throttle pass to see if they seem at all elevated in temperature.

I would love to get a hold of more detailed images of all the systems on the car, and especially the engine. I need to go and buy the mechanics some doughnuts some time and get a look at their service information. There is so little room under the hood I have not been able to figure much out. The pictures I have are somewhat helpful, but don't show nearly everything. One thing I learned from the pictures is that the M also has piston crown oil squirters which is a very nice thing to have. Look for the little tube that shoots oil to the underside of the piston.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0