View Single Post
      05-22-2018, 07:25 PM   #1
Beemiegirl
Beemiegirl
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i (F30)

un-diagnosed clunking noise

Hi! I'm brand new to the forum. I purchased a CPO 2013 328i sedan from N Scottsdale BMW Jan '15 (18,937 mi). I started hearing a clunking noise almost immediately. After 3 trips to the dealer they replaced the thrust rod bushings (33,132 mi). I moved to MD shortly thereafter and continued to hear the noise. I took it to the dealer, BMW of Rockville, 7 addl times to try to find out what was wrong. Each time I was told "could not duplicate". At that point I was frustrated and gave up. It's been almost a year since I was there last, the noise is still there and driving me crazy, so I took it in again. This time they "miraculously" found the problem, "torn rubber mounts on spring strut". I am being told to replace both front strut mounts, upper and lower spring rubber, foam and rubber boots & have an alignment done. The car has less than 50k, but it's past the 4 year warranty expiration now. They want $2230 to fix it. I told them I'm not going to pay for it. I have contacted BMW NA about this on several occasions in the past and the dealership has extensive records documenting this problem. Neither will do anything about it citing it is out of warranty. I'm beyond pissed off. Has anyone else had a front end noise that couldn't be found for months, years actually, until the warranty had expired or have had issues with this dealership?
Appreciate 0