Quote:
Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
Here goes my setup
With Xpel XR black
Front 5%
All around others 20%
Pan. Roof nothing installed as air 90% was eliminating the sky lounge LED to almost unseeable.

Visibility is absolute perfection in both day and night and long highway trips, that is if you're used to tinted windows.
Did you have any pictures of what the air 90 looked like and how it affected the led?

I've got appointment next week and was planning to put 5% on the sunroof to block out as much of the sun and heat as possible so I can keep the sunroof open during the day for the more airy feel.
Unfortunately it didn't really occur to me to take pictures to Share with the community the effects of the film.

As far as tinting the sunroof with 5% I would strongly advise you otherwise. If a must to have a shade there go ~30%.

shade and heat rejection are not really on a 1 to 1 relationship.

And if you want it very dark just close the shade, otherwise open it with a high heat rejection film. I'd recommend trying it out with nothing more 30% and even then it's very dark for the LEDs.

Theoretically the Air 90 shouldn't have been a problem, practically it was for my taste, I wouldn't want to lose that feature, otherwise I would've opt-out in the build and saved a few hundred.

Finally if you want a blackout, close the shade. Otherwise keep the roof tint shadeless or ~90%

But then again that's my 2cents